Spice Up Your Cinco de Mayo with This Mexican Street Corn Recipe
Happy Cinco de Mayo! There's no better way to celebrate this festive occasion than by grilling up some delicious Mexican Street Corn, also known as Elotes. This classic street food is a crowd-pleaser and will transport you to the streets of Mexico with every bite. With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily recreate this beloved dish at home. So, fire up your grills and get ready to impress your guests with this mouth-watering recipe!
6 to 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
1/2 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest, from 1 lime
2 tablespoons lime juice, from 1 lime
1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
Lime wedges, to serve
1. Preheat your grill to 400°F.
2. Whisk together the ingredients needed to make the sauce (crema, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest, and lime juice). Taste and season with sauce if needed. Set mixture aside.
3. Place husked corn directly onto the grill. Grill corn for about 3 minutes (or until golden brown/almost charred). Turn corn over and repeat. Once all sides of corn are browned, remove from grill.
4. Coat corn with sauce (using brush or spoon) with the crema mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese. If desired, sprinkle with additional chipotle pepper.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Sour cream is a perfect substitute for the Mexican crema. Additionally, parmesean or crumbled feta can be substituted for the cotija.
Get ready to savor the taste of Mexico with this delicious and easy-to-make recipe for Mexican Street Corn. Whether you're celebrating Cinco De Mayo or just looking for a tasty snack, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds. Don't forget to garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice for an extra burst of flavor. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!