BioGuard SoftSwim Stain Control - 1 Qt.
BioGuard® SoftSwim Stain Control - 1 Qt.
BioGuard SoftSwim Stain Control helps prevent metals from settling in the water and staining pool surfaces. This product is intended for use in pools with plaster surfaces, or on any surface where dissolved metals such as iron, copper and manganese are present. Stain Control also helps maintain the presence of SoftSwim B and C. Each SoftSwim product is formulated to work specifically with the biguanide chemistry of the SoftSwim program.
What's in the Box
- 1 x BioGuard® SoftSwim Stain Control - 1 Qt.
- For use in SoftSwim pools only.
- Helps prevent staining from metals.
- Use regularly to enhance Clarifier effectiveness.
- 16 fl oz per 10,000 gallons during start up or if significant make-up water added.
- 32 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water for every 2ppm of metals.
Fresh Stain Removal:
- 32 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water.
Directions For Use
Treatment of Metals in Pool Water:
- Backwash filter, then allow pump to run continuously. If the total amount of metals present in pool water exceeds 2 ppm, also use BioGuard Sparkle Up Filter Aid to help remove metals.
- Use 1 quart of BioGuard SoftSwim Stain Control per 10,000 gallons of water per 2 ppm of metals. Add directly to the pool in the area of any localized metal stain. Backwash the filter as need is indicated. Never allow filter pressure to exceed the limit established by the manufacturer.
Removal of Fresh Stains:
- Many fresh metallic stains can be removed by the addition of BioGuard SoftSwim Stain Control. Using a treatment of 1 quart per 10,000 gallons fo water, add BioGuard SoftSwim Stain Control directly to the pool in the area of the stain. Brush the stain area daily for 5 to 7 days. Repeat for large heavy metal stains. Consult your authorized dealer regarding aged stains.
For pools treated with BioGuard Softswim B:
- Must be used when starting a white plaster pool on BioGuard SoftSwim B wheather metals are present or not.
- When Metals are present in any pool type or make-up water.
- Spring start-up and make-up water refills. Have water analyzed by BioGuard Authorized Dealer for metals. Add 1 quart of SoftSwim Stain Control per 10,000 gallons to control up to 2 ppm metals and follow directions above.