BioGuard SoftSwim Filter Aid - 1 lb.
BioGuard® SoftSwim Filter Aid - 1 lb.
BioGuard Soft Swim Filter Aid is a powerful flocculant clarifier that is designed to work specifically with any Soft Swim-equipped pools, rapidly eliminating cloudy or hazy water to restore it to its former brilliance. Its granular formula attracts together any microscopic particles in the water, making them heavy enough to settle on the pool bottom for quick vacuum removal. It can also be used to improve filter efficiency, restoring water to the jewel-like clarity you remember. Best of all, Soft Swim Filter Aid is made right here in the USA to ensure quality, allowing you to buy with confidence.
What's in the Box
- 1 x BioGuard® SoftSwim Filter Aid - 1 lb.
- Dual purpose product to aid in filtration or to be used as a settling agent.
- Traps small particles that normally pass through filter.
- Helps clear cloudy water quickly.
- Restores water sparkle.
Cartridge & Sand Filters:
- 1/2 to 1 lb. per 10,000 to 35,000 gallons of water.
- 1 to 2 oz per 10,000 to 35,000 gallons of water.
Directions For Use
Cartridge and Sand Filters:
- Pre-dissolve outdoors in a clean plastic bucket 1/2 to 1 pound of this product in 1 gallon of water for pools ranging from 10,000 to 35,000 gallons. Stir with a clean plastic or wooden spoon. Pour pre-dissolved solution slowly into the skimmer with the pump running. Filter continuously for 24 to 48 hour or until the pool clears. If the pool does not clear, backwash the filter and repeat as necessary. If the pressure gauge increases 8 to 10 psi above the original pressure, backwash and rinse filter appropriately. Resume routine maintenance schedule.
- Backwash and clean filter according to the manufacturers instructions and return filter to normal cycle. For pools ranging from 10,000 to 35,000 gallons, pre-dissolve 1 to 2 ounces of this product outdoors in a clean plastic bucket using 1 gallon of water. The slurry can be stirred with a plastic or wooden spoon. Slowly add the slurry into the skimmer with the pump running. Filter continuously for 24 to 48 hours or until the pool clears. If the filter pressure increases 8 to 10 psi above normal pressure, backwash and clean filter as necessary.
- Backwash and rinse filter according to manufacturers instructions. Test pH and adjust to 7.6 to 7.8. Allow pool to circulate for 2 hours before proceeding to the next step if pH adjustment was necessary. Raise the water level in the pool to the top of the skimmer box and turn pump off. Used this product at a rate of 1 pound per 6500 gallons of pool water. Pre-dissolve outdoors in an empty plastic bucket 1 pound of this product with 1 gallon of water. Stir with a plastic or wooden spoon. Pour the solution along the edges of your pool. Allow 24 to 48 hours for the flocculant to settle on the bottom and slowly vacuum out. If some of the floc becomes suspended, allow an additional 24 hours for it to settle and then slowly vacuum out. Check and adjust pH and total alkalinity as necessary and resume normal maintenance.