BioGuard PowerFloc - 1 Qt.
BioGuard® PowerFloc - 1 Qt.
BioGuard PowerFloc clears excessively cloudy water. This product is ideal for use after a rainstorm or a period of time when your pump wasn't running (perhaps during a vacation). The greater the amount of debris in the water, the faster it works. PowerFloc is very powerful flocculant. It settles suspended particles to the bottom for removal by vacuum and makes water clear and sparkling.
What's in the Box
1 x BioGuard® PowerFloc - 1 Qt.
- Clears cloudy water fast.
- Makes water sparkling clear.
- Combines small particles into large particles.
- Settles suspended particles to bottom.
- Improves filtration efficiency.
- 8 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water.
Directions For Use
- Shake well before use.
- Check filter and backwash or clean filter if necessary.
- Adjust pH to 7.5-8.0 for best results.
- Use at a rate of 8 fl. oz. per 10,000 gallons.
- Remove skimmer basket and any product in the skimmer. Pour PowerFloc slowly into skimmer with the pump on and filter valve in recirculate or whirlpool position. For filters without recirculate position: backwash, then with filter in filter position, dilute PowerFloc into large plastic pail of water (8 fl. oz. of PowerFloc per 1 gallon of water, always add Powerfloc to water, never water to PowerFloc) and apply evenly over surface of pool. Replace Skimmer basket after applying PowerFloc.
- Allow Pump to circulate water for 2 hours to distribute PowerFloc throughout the pool.
- Shut off the pump. Let PowerFloc settle debris to bottom while pool remains undisturbed for 12 to 24 hours ( usually overnight). Note: The greater the debris in the water, the faster PowerFloc works. For extremely cloudy pools (cannot see the drain in the deep part of pool) use double the normal dosage.
- Vacuum all settled debris with filter in waste or drain mode. Note: Settling may continue for several days if new debris is introduced by wind or rain. If so, vacuum waste again. Do not vacuum debris through filter.
- Backwash and clean filter with BioGuard Kleen-It and resume normal filter cycle.
- Check pH and re-adjust if needed to 7.2-7.6
For Water with Algae:
- PowereFloc will not kill algae but facilitates the removal of dead algae after treatment. BioGuard has a number of specific algae treatments. Follow the directions on the product you choose to treat algae.
- After the algae treatment is complete per the algae treatments label directions, follow steps 1 through 8 as previously stated for cloudy water.